[Eric] Problem installing eric6 under Vista 64-bit

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Thu Jul 9 18:22:19 BST 2015

Hi,

please enter the following in a Python console:

>>> from PyQt4 import QtWebKit

If this gives an error, something is wrong with your installation. Maybe a DLL PyQt4s QtWebKit
depends on is missing. Microsoft provides a tool called 'depends.exe' which can be used to
check for such an issue. Simply drag and drop QtWebKit.dll onto this tool and inspect the
output.

Detlev

On Wednesday 08 July 2015, 15:37:33 jecxz112 wrote:
> Downloaded Eric6 and PyQt4-4.11.4-gpl-Py3.4-Qt5.4.2-x64.exe
> and installed without problems.
> After setting the path to Python 3.4 properly, I was able to
> run install.py for eric6, but then it complains
> The explanations I have found by googling for this problem
> don't seem to help me resolve this problem
>
> /F:\Downloads\Python\eric6-6.0.7>c:\python34\python.exe
> install.py//
> //Checking dependencies//
> //Python Version: 3.4.3//
> //Found PyQt4//
> //Found QScintilla2//
> //Found QtGui//
> //Found QtNetwork//
> //Found QtSql//
> //Found QtSvg//
> //Sorry, please install QtWebKit.//
> //Error: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be
> found.//
> //Press enter to continue...
>
> /And yet, QtWebKit seems to be  present in the directory
> c:\python34Lib\site-packagesdirectory/
> /What is the simplest way to satisfy this requirement?/
>
> TIA
> /--
*Detlev Offenbach*
detlev at die-offenbachs.de