[Eric] Code completion's issue

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Thu Feb 26 18:41:59 GMT 2015

It is a pitty you moved on without going a bit deeper into this topic. If you had tested the other
IDE auto completion you would have noticed, that they don't provide completions in situations
where eric does. One such situation is writing PyQt4 or PyQt5 code. Because most of the Qt
object rely on the presence of a QApplication object (i.e. an initialized Qt framework)
instantiating and introspection of Qt objects won't work and that leads to no completions
shown.

Unless the underlying libraries of the mentioned IDEs have changed in the last two months or
so, that is true. If the described situation works I would like to get a short feedback about it.

In the past the rope plug-in for eric4 provided an alternative completion provider. If there is
interest in having it added to the rope-plugin for eric6 please let me know.