[Eric] Code completion's issue

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Feb 25 17:43:21 GMT 2015

Hi,

the auto-completion does not work dynamically, that is execute the code in the background to
determine an objects type and contents. That is a known fact and will not be changed in the
current completion providers. However, I am willing to accept a plug-in providing a more
intelligent provider.

Detlev

On Wednesday 25 February 2015, 02:54:56 zbyna wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have following issue with autocompletion of classes:
>
> There is a simple script which demonstates the matter:
>
> class Rodic:
>     def __init__(self, jmeno):
>         self.jmenoRodice=jmeno
>         self.konstanta = "KOLKA"
>
>     def prvniMetoda():
>         print("PrvnĂ­")
>
>     def druhaMetoda():
>         print("Druhá")
>
> class Potomek(Rodic):
>     def __init__(self, jmenoP, jmenoR):
>         super(Potomek, self).__init__(jmenoR)
>         self.jmenoPotomka=jmenoP
>

> a = Rodic("JSEM RODIC a bez potomka ")
> b = Potomek("JSEM POTOMEK b", "JSEM RODIC potomka b")
>
> When I type  a.  I would expected all properties and methods from
> class Rodic. After typing b. the IDE should offer the same list +
> property jmenoPotomka from b. Eric offers nothing. At least to me :-)
> I have tried  Assistant plugin too:
> all option checked (from API, Document, Project)
> and "Search class hiearchy" checked too. Seems like this one does not
> work.
>
> I am using :
> Linux Mint 17.1
> Python 3.4.0