[Eric] Eric 5.5.0 compatibility

Evgeniy Alekseev darkarcanis at mail.ru
Sun Nov 2 21:21:36 GMT 2014

At Sunday 02 November 2014 17:40:59 Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> Can give a detailed feedback on which files are in conflict. Maybe you can
> suggest/provide a solution as well (patched install.py script).

Of course. Right now I can say that to provide full compatibility we need:

1. To do smth with _ALL_ eric/APIs files because they are installed in the
same path and have not suffix.
2. Patch eric5.desktop and eric5_webbrowser.desktop to replace Exec= according
to executable name. Also we need install them with suffix
3. Install pixmaps/eric.png and pixmaps/ericWeb.png with suffixes. Also we
need to patch *desktops again if we will do it.
4. We need install eric5.appdata.xml as eric5_$SUFFIX.appdata.xml too.

I can prepare the patch for the 2-4 issues. But I'm afraid that I could not
patch sources to work with renamed API files (the 1st issue).
--
Sincerely yours, E.Alekseev

email: darkarcanis at mail.ru
ICQ: 407-398-235