[Eric] Create executable and ubuntu's debian package

fa ndy forallinside at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 04:30:15 GMT 2014

Hi, I'm new to Eric IDE and ubuntu development.
I've created a simple program just like LogParser in tutorial page.
I'm planning to create a ubuntu .deb package based on this program that I
made.

I've search about this and found this
http://showmedo.com/videotutorials/video?name=linuxJensMakingDeb and this
http://debreate.sourceforge.net/
But I can't really follow them.
Especially in part to make python script become executable file like in
/bin, /usr/bin and /usr/share/bin.

Is there any way to do it in Eric?
Or should I use another package such as PyInstaller to create executable
version?

I've search many times, but with all the resources that I found, I don't
know really know what to do.
I'm lost here.

Is there any want know step by step or overview to this?
I would be really grateful for any information and help.
Thank you.