[Eric] profiling with eric

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Jan 22 17:08:03 GMT 2014

Hello,

profiling works in two steps. First you start the profiling run. During this run, the profiling data is
written to disk in your project directory. Thereafter you can call up the data via the Project menu,
Show submenu for the complete project or via the editor context menu, Show submenu for the
current editor file or through the project sources browser via the context menu, Show submenu
for the selected file.

Detlev

On Tuesday 21 January 2014, 19:34:48 Andrew Yancy wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've just started a transition from Matlab to Python and am very impressed
> with Eric so far.  One important thing I would like to do is profile my
> code.  When I run the profiler from "Start->Profile script," I get a
> message that the script ran, but I don't see any profiling information
> appearing anywhere in the IDE.  This is probably a really stupid noob
> issue, but what am I not understanding about how profiling with Eric
> works?  Thanks for any help you can give.
>
> Andy

*Detlev Offenbach*
detlev at die-offenbachs.de