[Eric] eric5, Mercurial and Bitbucket

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Thu Feb 13 18:08:51 GMT 2014

Hello,

first of all you should know, that there is no Mercurial for Python3.

eric5 comes with Mercurial support out of the box and works happily with your Mercurial
installation because it uses hg under the hoods. Just create a new project via Project->Version
Control->New from repository... and fill out the various entry fields.

Detlev

On Thursday 13 February 2014, 15:52:41 Tony Arnold wrote:
> I'd like to make use of bitbucket for version control with my eric5
> setup. Bitbucket only supports Mercurial and Git.
>
> How can I get Mercurial to operate with eric5. If I install the Ubuntu
> package it installs Mercurial for Python 2.x and it doesn't seem to be
> supported for Python 3 which is what I am using with eric5.
>
> Is there a way to get Mercurial working, or is there an alternative
> version control system host other than bitbucket that someone can recommend?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Tony.--
*Detlev Offenbach*