[Eric] Ubuntu Package for 4.5.11 (perhaps debian too)

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at vrplumber.com
Mon May 27 21:06:14 BST 2013

On 13-05-27 03:20 PM, David wrote:
> So, my question is there a way I can contribute my work back to the
> community?  Presumably this is yes, so what I really need to know is
> where to contribute my work back?  What is the best way to this?
The work *should*, I believe, happen on Launchpad at:

     bzr branch lp:ubuntu/eric

and I'm guessing you'll need the .tar.gz for all of the core app and the
various translations. There is *likely* a script to download all of
those into the correct places.  Once you've got your changes integrated
you'll likely either create a pull request, or use `bzr send` to send
the fixes to the maintainers.

I haven't actually gone through the process myself, I'm just going on an
outsider's impressions of how it is supposed to work.

Hope that helps,
Mike