[Eric] Docs... and Ruby?

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Fri May 24 17:32:23 BST 2013

Hello,

I am glad you are willing to try the Ruby support. However, please note,
that the debugger backend onyl support Ruby up to 1.8.x. Somehow it
doesn't work with 1.9 and newer. Due to the fact that my Ruby knowledge
is fairly poor I am unable to fix this. Every help is appreciated.

I already asked in the Ruby newsgroup but the response was ZERO.

Detlev

On Friday 24 May 2013, 00:50:42 Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
> Hi!  I've been a (very) occasional user of Eric over the past couple of
> years as I did a small bit of Python here or there.  Recently, though,
> my job has changed such that I'm looking at a bunch more coding, and
> probably more with a focus toward Ruby.  Imagine my surprise when I
saw
> that Eric supported Ruby!  Anyway, now that I'm likely to get fairly
> serious, a few things:
>
> 1) Docs, in general, are hard to come by.  I'd like a sort of
> step-through intro to the various features.  Anything like that around?
>
> 2) Ruby -- I see it mentioned, but not much.  Are there any docs that
> address the Ruby side of things, in particular?
>
> Thanks much, and sorry to pester; I promise I've looked (though possibly
> not in the right places)!
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Ken
*Detlev Offenbach*