[Eric] arguments parsing with 'Run project'

Ekaterina Mishina-Syrkina esyrkina at gmail.com
Mon May 14 16:09:01 BST 2012

Hello,

I'm using optional input arguments for my python project. However,
arguments parsing is different when I use 'Run project' feature and when I
run my project from terminal. In the first case, if no input arguments are
given, sys.argv is an list of two elements, in the terminal there will be
only one element in the list. Also, I can't use argparse package with 'Run
project'. Is that expected behavior? And is there any way to make those two
approaches to work the same way?

The way I use 'Run project' (assuming main project file is called my_program.py
and it is located at D:\...\WorkingDir).

Command line: my_program.py
Working directory: D:\...\WorkingDir

Thanks. Best,
Katya