[Eric] How to set default directory paths in Eric4?

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Mon Jul 9 18:32:47 BST 2012

Here is what eric4 (4.5.x) and eric5 are doing:

1. file open
If there is a file open, and the current editor has a name, the path of this
name is used. If that no file is open or the current editor is unnamed and if
a project is open, the project path is used. If all this fails, an empty path
is used causing QFileDialog's default behavior.

2. file save, file save as
If a project is open, the project path is used (aka save to project). If no
project is open and the editor has a name, the path of that name is used. If
all this fails, an empty path is used causing QFileDialog's default behavior.

That should leave the "working" directory preference. In the above cases it
would be used as the default instead of the empty path. This same directory
will be used for opening and saving projects and multi-projects.

If you see more places this would fit please let me know.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de