[Eric] Bug Report: Javscript file(*.js) cannot be opened from the "Others Browser"

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Tue Jan 10 18:20:58 GMT 2012

Am Dienstag, 10. Januar 2012, 14:00:49 schrieb Kelvin U.V:
> Hi detlev,
>
> I'm developing a web based project.  There are a lot of javascript source
> files in the project. Now they are loaded into the "Others browser"
> correctly.  But if I double click on the Javascript file name or select the
> "open" item in the context menu, nothing will happen.

That is probably caused by a bad entry in your mimetypes file. The "Others
browser" tries to determine, if a file is a tet file, by checking it's
mimetype. If it starts with "text/" it is opened in the browser. You have two
possible solutions to cure it. If it is not a text file, it will be opened
with the default application (which might not be assigned).

1. Correct the mimetypes file and add an entry associating .js files with
text/javascript (or something similiar).
2. Associate .js files with file type "Sources". This can be done via the
Project menu. The net result would be, that all .js files will be listed by
the "Sources Browser".

detlev at die-offenbachs.de