[Eric] Long pause during save and restart.

Patrick Moran pmoran at aptect.com
Mon Jan 9 02:22:18 GMT 2012

I'm having a strange and annoying problem when using Eric4
(4.5-snapshot-20110501 (r4007) with PyQt 4.7.4.

After making a change in the code window there is a consistent 15 to 20
second delay before the program responds. This is running in Windows7 (64
bit).

My typical workflow is the following:

Debug the project (SHIFT-F5) , run the code. When I reach a problem, put a
breakpoint before that line of code. Hit F4 to restart. When I hit the
breakpoint I use the "shell" window to experiment with the data structures,
methods and so forth. I then make the necessary changes in the code window
then CNTRL-S and F4 to rerun the code. This last step takes 15 to 20 seconds
and is almost unbearable.

I've used the same workflow with the same application code on a Windows 7 32
bit machine (same version of Eric4 and Qt) and it doesn't show this problem.
I've tried to change the tooltip delay time and various other tunable
parameters in the Settings options but nothing makes a difference.

Is there a known problem with Eric4 on Windows7 - 64bit architecture?

Thanks in advance for any hints, tips or suggestions,

PJM