[Eric] Simplify python 2/3 handling for Eric5

Leonardo Giordani giordani.leonardo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 10:36:04 BST 2012

In my company we have a bunch of projects developed under Python 2 and we
are not planning to switch in a short time for many reasons (time, distro
packaging as already stated by Mike, compatibility with 3rd party
components); so I'm not in favour of an Eric4 dismiss.

This said, I sponsor the bare maintenance of Eric4 (i.e. bug fixing), with
Eric5 being the "main product".

Regards,
Leo