[Eric] eric4 remote debugger problem with forking parent and not stopping on breakpoints

Timothy Delaney TDelaney at fusionio.com
Tue Apr 17 18:32:11 BST 2012

I'm having a couple of problems with the remote debug client in eric4 (4.5.2 r4312). I'm running linux on both machines with a shared nfs mount so the paths on both machines are the same. The IDE is in passive debug mode and the client connects properly. My call to the client is:

python /mntpath/eric4-4.5.2/DebugClients/Python/DebugClientThreads.py -h timsworld2 -p 42424 --fork-parent -- /mntpath/somefile.py

The problems are:

1. Not stopping at breakpoints. The remote client connects to my eric ide but does not stop on the first line or honor other breakpoints I've put in the code. I've tried the -n and -e options, but they didn't change this behavior.

2. Prompts to follow the parent or child process on subprocess calls - in this case I have many subprocess calls and always want to follow the parent. I noticed the --fork-parent mail list thread for eric5 - I tried it with eric4 and it didn't work. I also downloaded the source and a quick grep for 'fork-parent' found nothing... so I'm beginning to suspect that's an eric5 feature.

Any hints on getting around these?

Thanks,
Tim

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, its contents and any attachments to it are confidential to the intended recipient, and may contain information that is privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender and destroy the original e-mail message and any attachments (and any copies that may have been made) from your system or otherwise. Any unauthorized use, copying, disclosure or distribution of this information is strictly prohibited.  Email addresses that end with a ?-c? identify the sender as a Fusion-io contractor.