[Eric] getting eric installed

Malcolm North malcolm.north at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 19:08:52 BST 2012

Hi,

I am new to Python and have been looking for an IDE I can use with Python.
I have been trying to install ERIC on my Ubuntu 11.04 and 11.10 systems and
found it difficult to get all the pre-requitites installed so I thought I
would try on a laptop with Windows 7. Now I am unable to get qscintilla
installed, the install instructions are a bit brief but it appears to need
to use qmake which I either don't have installed or need to modify my PATH
variable.

Can anyone point me to any documentation that might help or offer any
advice?

Thanks in advance
Malcolm North

--
Action Medical Research London to Paris Cycle Ride. 18-22nd July 2012
Support me at: http://www.action.org.uk/sponsor/smart421