[Eric] eric4 editor problem?

Eric tidris769 at cox.net
Tue Apr 20 13:55:02 BST 2010

I am using eric4 4.4.2 under ubuntu 9.10.
I noticed that when I drag text from an eric4 editor window to a window in another program, the text
is removed from the eric4 window. That seems wrong to me. I expected the dragged text to remain in
the eric4 window when the drag destination is a different application.

Steps to reproduce:
1- Open some text file in gedit.
2- Open some text file in eric4.
3- Select some text in gedit and drag to the eric4 editor window. Notice the text shows up in the
eric4 window as expected, but it also remains in the gedit window. That's what I consider normal
behavior, at least in a GNOME environment.
4- Select some text in the eric4 editor window and drag it to the gedit window. Notice the text
shows up in the gedit window as expected, but it also vanishes from the eric4 window. The vanishing
part is what I consider a bug.