[Eric] Error message when try to run Eric in openSUSE 11.2

James Oakley jfunk at funktronics.ca
Tue Apr 13 13:17:35 BST 2010

On Saturday 10 April 2010 07:33:54 pm Joon Ro wrote:
> Detlev,
>
> Thank you for the reply. I have tried to update QScintilla2 Python
> bindings (I just updated everything looks similar :)) and now if I type
> eric in terminal I get "Segmentation Error" (I get error in Korean so
> I'm not so sure if it is segmentation fault error or not)

I suspect you installed an incorrect version of either python-qt4 or python-
qscintilla since you installed openSUSE 11.2. You should make sure that you
have the stock versions of these packages, and not ones from a third party or
an experimental build service repository.

Here's what I have on my openSUSE 11.2 system, on which I use eric every day:

maus:~ # rpm -q python-qt4 python-qscintilla
python-qt4-4.6.1-1.1.1.x86_64
python-qscintilla-2.4-3.2.x86_64

Both of those are from the standard openSUSE 11.2 repository.

--
James Oakley
jfunk at funktronics.ca