[Eric] Eric4 segfault

Henrik Pauli henrik.pauli at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 15:31:55 BST 2009

(resending it back to the list, I pressed the wrong reply button)

On Saturday 27 June 2009 09:30:26 you wrote:
> If you are installing eric4 by doing a "setup.py install" you are not using
> a supported package. Please download eric4 from the web site, untar the
> file into a directory of your choice and run "python install.py" inside
> that directory.

Sorry, I remembered wrong and didn't check, this is what our install phase
does:

mkdir -p "$UB_INSTALLDIR"/usr/lib/qt4/qsci/api/ruby

python install.py \
    -i "$UB_INSTALLDIR" \
    -d "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages" \
    -b "/usr/bin"

And that's all...

> The segfault comes from one of the libraries and not directly from eric4.
> You could run the steps eric4's installation routine performs manually in a
> Python shell.

Yeah, I guessed this... I just don't know what library it might be, and I'd
love to have this fixed :/

Great.  Now I tried the build and it built.  And I installed the rebuilt Eric,
and it runs.  Agh!  If I knew which of the components was allergic to
something for a moment there!