[Eric] Eric4 segfault

Henrik Pauli henrik.pauli at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 15:12:44 BST 2009

On Saturday 27 June 2009 15:44:17 Guðjón Guðjónsson wrote:
> Hi
>     It seems like you are using Ubuntu, is that correct?
> Anyway, please try to remove the python-kde4 package since it makes eric
> segfault in Debian, see:

nope :)  this is UHU-Linux -- we use dpkg as our package management system,
but we're entirely unrelated to any of the Debianese distributions.  I guess
python-kde4 is part of kdebindings, right?

> If that doesn't work please send the output of:
> python -v /usr/share/eric/modules/eric4.py &>eric_segfault.txt
>
> there is a possibility that qscintilla hasn't been recompiled on your
> system.

That might have been it, actually.  I saw the minor build number increase
today, so somebody must have rebuilt it while I was asleep.  It does work now,
and kdebindings is in place (although an ancient version, 4.2.67).