[Eric] Request: easier install process, please

Robert Withrow witr-sender-cf3b11 at rwwa.com
Fri Jul 24 13:43:01 BST 2009

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 23.07.09 19:33:41, Robert Withrow wrote:
>
>> I've brought this up before.  Current versions of Eric are unavailable
>> in the package repos of any distro.
>>

> That statement is simply wrong. I can see eric just fine here in Debian.

You didn't read carefully enough.  I said "current".  Old packages are
available in distros but only get updated when a new version of the
distro is released.  This happens, maybe, every six months.
> Now, I haven't been following eric development very closely in the last 1-2
> years, but I was under the impression that the only required dependency of
> eric is PyQt4 (and hence Qt4)

Please check the web site, because your impression is not correct.

--
Robert Withrow, R.W. Withrow Associates
http://www.linkedin.com/in/bigbaaadbob