[Eric] Feature request

Y. Bonnemay y.bonnemay at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 14:10:48 GMT 2009

Hello all,

First, congratulations and thanks to Detlev.

Then, the request : is there hope for an "evaluate region in shell" feature
in Eric?

The basic version pastes and executes the selected text into the shell. The
cleverest version do it with current line or selection or code block, with
sometimes a change of working directory to the currently edited script. You
can find examples of that feature in Emacs (various 'execute-region'),
Matlab, the R gui (ctrl +R, if memory serves) or SPE, and many more.

I find that feature very useful, the debugger doesn't replace the
flexibility of having the variables at hand in the interpreter and testing
the next lines.

Also maybe choosing the shell, but maybe there's a config I missed
somewhere.

Again, thanks for the free stuff.

Regards