[Eric] Turning off autocomplete for eric 4.1.5

Joshua Gerth jgerth+eric4 at hrakaroo.com
Thu Jan 15 18:29:26 GMT 2009

Hello,

     I'm running Ubuntu 8.10 with the Gnome window manager and installed
eric4 4.1.5 from the package manager and am developing a python application.

     So far I am very impressed with the IDE but I have hit one snag which I
am hoping is trivial to resolve.  When ever I type:

self.

in the main editor I get a popup window telling me about suggested
attributes on 'self'.  This window appears to require mouse involvement to
select one of the options or even give it focus so I can hit ESC.  After
combing through the mailing archives it looks as though this is an
interaction issue between my window manager (Gnome) and QScintilla2.  So at
this point I would like to just turn that feature off completely.  However I
been through the preferences over and over again and can't seem to find the
magic flag to disable that.  Autocomplete is already unselected so I was
wondering if it was called something different perhaps?  (Autocomplete seems
to actually try to complete the word and is not necessarily just activated
on the '.').

If this is not configurable, can anyone suggest to me where I should start
looking in the eric code to disable this myself?

Thanks,
     Joshua

--
Now I will a rhyme construct, By chosen words the young instruct.
Cunningly devised endeavour, Con it and remember ever.