[Eric] Default project save location/default file extension

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Mon Jan 12 21:06:32 GMT 2009

On Montag, 12. Januar 2009, Alex Mandel wrote:
> Geert Vancompernolle wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there any way to set the default save location for new
> > files/projects?  Each time I'm creating a new file and want to save it,
> > the default save location is pointed to ./Lib/site-packages/eric4.
> > I want to store my files/projects at another location, which I want to
> > see/make as my default save location.
> >
> > Also, how can I change Eric4 in such a way that the default file
> > extension while saving a new file is .py or .pyw in stead of (currently
> > always) .asp?
>
> Settings -> Preferences-> Editor -> Filehandling
> Open and Save File Filters
>
> > Tnx. in advance.
>
> Sorry not sure about where to set the path.

The path isn't configurable (yet).

You create the new project giving it the path to all it's files. This may be
an empty directory or an existing one. Therafter, you add new files to the
project by using the "Save to project" action. This places the file dialog
within your project area and adds the file to the project.