[Eric] ANN: RC1 of eric4 4.3.0 released

Geert Vancompernolle geert.eric4 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 16:30:58 GMT 2009

Hi Detlev,

Thanks for adding the "def" dedent functionality.  I just tried it out
for the "def " within a class and that's working fine (so, the moment
you put a space after "def", the location is corrected if needed).
However, when I start a "def " at the very first column (because I want
an "isolated" function, not belonging to a class), it also jumps 4
spaces to the right.  Like this, it seems as if it's part of the class
and that was not the intention of my proposal.

What I proposed earlier (see this message:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.ide.eric/1472), was to keep the
column at 1, if the user really wants to start at location 1 and only
perform the "def" dedent if the "def" is part of a class.

Can you still modify this behaviour?

Tnx. in advance.

--
Best rgds,