[Eric] Eric eric4-4.3-snapshot-20081227.tar.gz very unestable on python 2.6.1

Jarda Benkovsky edheldil001 at eowyn.cz
Mon Jan 5 09:25:54 GMT 2009

Haroldo Stenger wrote:
> It happened the same to me with 20081227.
>
> 2009/1/2 Frank Abel Cancio Bello <frank.abel.cb at gmail.com
> <mailto:frank.abel.cb at gmail.com>>
>
>     Well, are two again one ;) I will install it on python 2.5.2 from a
>     packages.
>
>     Another issue: When open eric, the window don't fit in my screen
>     completely, it have a chunk (the right part of the window) outside the
>     screen that don't let me see the minimize, maximize and close buttons. I
>     can't resize the window either.

This problem hit me as well. The solution in my case was to limit the
amount of buttons in the toolbar and especially getting rid of the
search input field. Each button group has width for at least one button
and the arrow, and the window gets stretched to the width of all button
groups summed.

Edheldil