[Eric] Request for proposal

Stjujsckij Nickolaj sterkrig at home.no
Sun Dec 20 21:26:54 GMT 2009

  Hello maillist and Detlev.

Personally I don't see much need in porting to Python3 right now — Py3k
hasn't hit major distros yet (at least stable ones), vast majority of
Python code is still written in 2.x branch and so on. Full support for
Py3k (debuugging etc) would be nice, but I suggest it's not that easy for
app written in 2.x.

  I vote for Git/Mercurial plugin, whichever you feel more needed — Git is
more widespread, Mercurial is written in Python (and I like it more). I'd
wanted to help with it (it's a little bit confusing to write everything
myself, but I'd wanted to learn).

Another suggestion is to improve autocompletion — it's a little bit too
complicated in using, in my opinion, what with all those APIs for
project/system/etc. If you want, I can write down my ideas etc.

And more question, than suggestion — could Eric use system Pygments
installation? Wouldn't it be more convenient and logical? And those who is
happy with QScintilla lexers might spare few Kb of HDD-space (-:E

  And thank you for great tool!