[Eric] Re: Backspace and supr keys doesn't work on spanish, translation, (Le?nidas Szyszeja) (Jaime Seuma)

Jaime Seuma jaims.seuma at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 12:31:03 GMT 2009

Hi.

A hint. I've just installed eric4 in a ubuntu (not kubuntu) 9.04.

Versions:
	python 2.6.2
	qt 4.5.0
	PyQt: 4.4.4
	sip: not available
	QScintilla: 2.3.2
	eric4: 4.3.0(r2852)

I installed it, swapped to Spanish, restarted eric4 and the created a
new blank file and typed something. BackSpace and del keys dont work!
But this is somehow an old issue that I had suffered (but I had not
related to language package, though). Thing is that if I import the
default key shortcuts, the issue gets corrected, all keys working fine.

I remember having post the issue back in time, you might want to check
these in the eric4 mailing list:
http://www.mail-archive.com/search?q=default.e4k&l=eric@riverbankcomputing.com&start=10
http://www.mail-archive.com/eric@riverbankcomputing.com/msg01076.html

Seems like with the Turkish locale there were some issues too. Seems
like there were some problems too for WinXP French users...

In the end my guess (I could be wrong, though) is that it is not a
language pack related problem.
You can solve it by loading the file 'default.e4k' via 'Settings/import
keyboard shortcuts'. This default.e4k file is located (in my ubuntu
machine) in /usr/share/eric.

Hope it helps.

If anyone can provide a hint and/or explanation on how this is caused by
the translation file, I will make the necessary changes on it. But right
now in my opinion, the Spanish i18n file is not the cause of the issue.
Again, I may be wrong!

Regards