[Eric] How to setup debugging?

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Fri Aug 28 17:58:05 BST 2009

On Donnerstag, 27. August 2009, Steven Smith wrote:
> uggh... My bad.  I just noticed in the 'Start' menu there is an option
> to debug script.  Maybe that should be moved to the 'Debug' menu?
> Sorry about this... I got debug working...

I think it was a misunderstanding. The debug menu and toolbar contain all the
actions needed during a debug session. To start a debug session or simply run
a script or ... you need to select the relevant action from the start menu or
toolbar.

> Here is a screenshot of the debug and project menu.  I am using
> version 4.3.0 (r2852); which I believe is the standard version in
> Ubuntu 9.04.

And 6 months old. If you find a bug (which I am sure of) please upgrade first
to the latest stable release. If it is still there, please report it.

If you like to upgrade eric4, please delete the current installation with your
package manager first.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de