[Eric] Autocomplete completing everything

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sat Aug 22 17:04:23 BST 2009

On Samstag, 22. August 2009, Feng Qiu wrote:
> Config it to only work from API files may ease the problem a bit.
>
> I think it's best if it's intelligent enough to look for "import" in the
> source file and deduct what is accessible, so that when I type "open" I
> don't see a dozen calltip options. It will also make autocomplete
> suggestions much more focused.

You are right. Unfortunately, A/C would have to follow all imported modules to
see, which other modules and packages are imported by them and used by which
name. E.g. os.path is just another name for posixpath or ntpath depending on
the system. That is too much logic for A/C. However, it is possible, that the
A/C provided by the rope plugin is more what you are looking for.