[Eric] Eric ignoring keyboard input when there are multiple files open

Minjae Kim the.minjae at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 18:31:59 BST 2009

Hello,

When I use editing files, I usually have two or more editor windows open.
I click on one of them to edit; the type | cursor is on the line of the file

that I want to edit, but when I type, nothing is written, and if I press F2
to run script, nothing happens.
So, keyboard input for this particular file is completely ignored.

It seems that although the cursor is on the file I want, the keyboard focus
is on another file open
next to it.
So, in order to edit, I have to move the cursor to the file that has the
keyboard focus, and then
move the cursor back to the original file that I want to edit.  This shifts
the keyboard focus
with the cursor, so that I can finally edit the file I wan to edit.

I am not sure why this is happening.  I need to have it so that the keyboard
focus is always with
the cursor, so that I don't have to hunt down the editor window that has the
keyboard each time
I want to edit a file.  I don't know if I am missing something obvious here.

I am using Ubuntu 9.04.  The same issue occurred for 8.10.  I never had this
problem with Windows.

Any help is appreciated.

Best,
Minjae