[Eric] Re: Eric4 help viewer causes pythonw.exe crash

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sat Apr 25 18:21:45 BST 2009

Hi,

I just realized the same problem on a freshly installed system and now I know
the cause. PyQt 4.4.4 contains a bug. You have to patch it and compile it
yourself. The patch is included in the eric4 sources in the "patches"
directory. It is the one called "qnetworkaccessmanager.sip.diff".

Without this patch, the crash will happen on ALL platforms.