[Eric] Can't run a script under XP

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Mar 26 15:54:34 GMT 2008

On Donnerstag, 20. März 2008, Philippe Lotton wrote:
> eric at riverbankcomputing.com
> Hi, I try using Eric 4.1.1 , french version, under Windows XP.
> The installation seems to be right done,
> If I run a PyQt sample it's works fine, but if I try to run a simple 'Hello
> word' program, all the items in the menu 'Launch ou Run', (according to the
> translation),  are grayed.
> I set up the configuration menu, is there something I forgot, although the
> sample works ?
> Thank you for you help, I just can't wait to use Eric.
>
> --
> Philippe Lotton
> 01 58 35 39 48

Hi,

you probably named your script something like "hello", that is without an
extension. Eric cannot determine, if this is a valid Python file. You may do
one of two things.

1. Save your script with an extension of .py

2. Have a first line like "#!/usr/bin/env python".

Files fulfilling one of these rules will be recognized as Python files and the
relevant menu entries will be shown.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de