[Eric] Eric4 Project Browser too slow [again]

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Sep 19 12:27:03 BST 2007

On 19.09.07 14:14:09, Cvetoslav Ludmiloff wrote:
> Hi all,
> After a lot of googling, it was clear for me, that the model / vew, aka
> interview in QT4 is a bit slow for now.
> So, I suggest to rewrite the entire ProjectBrowser code for using the
> ordinary QTreeWidget / QTreeWidgetItem.

Do you have numbers that QTreeWidget is faster than model/view? Without
numbers it doesn't make sense to do this change, QTreeWidget uses the
interview framework itself as well so I doubt that it would be faster
(until numbers indicate otherwise).

And in C++ QTreeView and a proper model work quite well, which still is
an indicator that part of the problems is the python binding.

Andreas

--
You have literary talent that you should take pains to develop.