[Eric] Installing eric on an interl Mac running OS X10.4.1

Mark Thomas m.thomas at ucl.ac.uk
Sun Aug 12 22:25:17 BST 2007

Hi Phil

Thanks for advice. Did that and put line in .bash_profile

So changed to eric directory and then did:

python install.py

It looked like everything was installing fine until I got the error:

Installing eric4 ...
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packag
es/sitecustomize.pyc'
Try install as root.

So I tried 'sudo python install.py', and got the old error message:

Sorry, please install QScintilla2 and
it's PyQt4 wrapper.
Error:
dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-
packages/PyQt4/Qsci.so, 2): Library not loaded: libqscintilla2.2.dylib
  Referenced from:
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-package
s/PyQt4/Qsci.so
  Reason: image not found

This just doesn't make sense to me. It seems that if I start up python using
sudo it wont import ' Qsci ' from ' PyQt4', but it works fine if I don't use
sudo. Its now been 6 days that I have been trying to install Eric. First I
had problems installing QScintilla2, then PyQt4.

Any help gratefully received

Thanks

mark

On Friday 10 August 2007 1:53 pm, Mark Thomas wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to install eric on an interl Mac running OS X10.4.1 and have
> been through all of the instructions as follows:
>
> 1. Install Qt4  - done
> 2. Build and install sip - done
> 3. Build and install QScintilla2 - done
> 4. Build and install PyQt4 - done
> 5. Build and install QScintilla2 Python bindings - done
>
> I then went to install eric and got the following error:
>
> Sorry, please install QScintilla2 and
> it's PyQt4 wrapper.
> Error:
> dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site
>- packages/PyQt4/Qsci.so, 2): Library not loaded: libqscintilla2.2.dylib
> Referenced from:
> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packag
>e s/PyQt4/Qsci.so
>   Reason: image not found
>

> But I installed QScintilla2 and when in python, 'import PyQt4' works fine.
>
> Any suggestions gratefully received.

Try setting the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to the directory
containing the QScintilla library.