Some shortcuts not propagating

Matic Kukovec kukovecmatic at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 8 10:08:22 GMT 2021

Hi guys,

I am trying to understand why shortcuts "Ctrl+/", "Ctrl+-" and "Ctrl++" do not get propagated
from the QSciScintilla widget to the QMainWindow, which has these shortcuts defined.

Example:
QMainWindow has a QShortcut "Ctrl+/" defined and bound to a simple 'print("HERE")' function.
The QMainWindow also has a QSciScintilla widget with a few other widgets on it.
When activating the shortcut when focus is in the QSciScintilla widget, the shortcut does NOT work
(The QScintilla widget does NOT have that key shortcut bound to anything), the QScintilla editor
just adds '/' characters. But when focusing with the mouse on any other widget, the shortcut works!
Also, if I change the shortcut to "Ctrl+*" for example, then it works, even inside the QSciScintilla widget!

Can anyone explain this behaviour?

Thanks,
Matic