[PyQt] Deploying on Windows

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz gradha at titanium.sabren.com
Sun Sep 21 23:03:16 BST 2008

El 21/09/2008, a las 12:47, Filip Gruszczyński escribió:

> I would like to deploy my software on windows, having a nice wizard
> which will do everything for the user. [...]. But I have
> no idea, how to do this on windows.

On windows the usual way is to create a binary program that doesn't
require other depencencies. This can be done with tools like py2exe.
Then, you can use one of the many installation software packages to
create an exe that autoextracts itself and sets up some shortcuts.
Programs that fall into this category are NSIS, WiX and many others.