More Eric7 Windows weirdness

Jamie Riotto jamie.riotto at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 15:03:37 GMT 2023

Ok, still having issues with Eric7. Just did a clean install into a venv
with:

python3 -m venv eric7_venv
cd eric7_venv
cd Scripts
activate
python.exe -m pip install --upgrade pip
python.exe -m pip install --prefer-binary eric-ide

When I start Eric, it went through all the init screens, i.e. PyInstaller,
Rope, PyLint, Vulture, etc
and then the main app started. It took 2 full minutes to go from a white
screen with 'Eric7' in the
upper left corner to the app loading. Ok, perhaps it was still initializing
stuff. However, I
just loaded a project and it has been 10 minutes with no response. That is,
spinning wait cursor,
window is grayed out...

This is a windows 10 system. A different venv with Eric6 behaves normally.
Do you need any info on my side to help debug this? Thanks again - jamie