tips for using eric for micropython?

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sat Sep 3 17:54:58 BST 2022

Hi Chris,

when typing in the MicroPython console ther is no completion available
as all the code is executed on the micro controller. The suggested
workflow is to code your project on the host computer using the eric
Assistant completions with the provided MicroPython API files. However,
I cannot guarantee that these are complete and 100% in line with the
MicroPython or CircuitPython libraries. Patches and updates to these API
files are welcome.

Once you reach a sufficient code maturity, you can copy these files onto
the µController using the built in µPy file management UI.

Hope this helps a little bit. Once you worked out a workflow for you, I
would be happy to get a HowTo on this topic.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de