[Eric] Missing Horizontal and Vertical Toolbox (4.5 snapshot 20110501)

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Mon Sep 26 17:38:02 BST 2011

Am Montag, 26. September 2011, 12:52:14 schrieb B.van_Lew at lumc.nl:
> After upgrading to the 4.5 snapshot (on Windows 7) and running a debug
> session the Toolbox windows disappeared.
>
> There doesn't seem to be a menu entry to restore them - or at least I can't
> find it.  (under the Window menu or View Profiles or in the Preferences
> windows). I saw that in March 2009 someone having a similar problem with
> the Debug window and the answer was to edit eric.ini. However I can't seem
> to locate that file either.

eric4.ini should be in the .config subdirectory of your home directory
(actually it is in ~/.config/Eric4) on *nix systems. On Windows7 it is in
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Eric4 (or whatever it is in your locale).
Do you have any idea what caused this? I haven't had this issue.

> Anyone come across/solved this?
>
> Cheers
> Baldur
>
> Version stuff
> Python Version: 2.6.0
> Qt Version: 4.7.0
> PyQt Version:  4.8.0

That is a fairly old version and should be updated. I think PyQt 4.8.0 is
older than Qt 4.7.0, which can cause issues.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de