[Eric] Add Files Again

David Arnold dwarnold45 at suddenlink.net
Fri Feb 12 21:31:14 GMT 2010

All,

I am following the MiniBrowser tutorial.

I have a folder named MiniBrowser which contains my project.

david-arnolds-macbook-pro-2:MiniBrowser darnold$ ls -ll
total 16
-rw-r--r--  1 darnold  staff  1383 Feb 12 12:58 MiniBrowser.e4p
-rw-r--r--  1 darnold  staff     0 Feb 12 12:58 __init__.py
-rw-r--r--  1 darnold  staff   217 Feb 12 13:14 minibrowser.py
drwxr-xr-x  9 darnold  staff   306 Feb 12 13:14 ui

As you can see, I just created minibrowser.py and saved it as MiniBrowser/minibrowser.py. As of this moment, it does not show up in the Project-Viewer of eric because it has not yet been added to the project.

I can select Add source files ... from the context menu in the Project-Viewer or I can select Add files ... from the Project menu. This is a little deceiving to have two different titles: 1) Add source files ... and 2) Add files ... Should they not be named the same in order to be consistent and avoid confusion on the part of the user?

Secondly, when I enter minibrowser.py and MiniBrowser/ as my directory path, clicking OK gives this message:
The file /Users/darnold/Documents/temp/EricTutorials/MiniBrowser/minibrowser.py already exists.

Overwrite it?
This message is a bit spooky! Yes the file already exists, but no I don't want to overwrite it. I want to add it to the project so that it will show up in the Project-Viewer.

D.