[Eric] Crash during search

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Wed Feb 10 02:25:53 GMT 2010

David,

Hmmm, that¹s a pickle. According to the docs those are the right commands
for sip and PyQt for Snow Leopard. Did you get any errors when installing
sip? Test sip via the command line to see if it is working (e.g. sip -V).
Did PyQt take a while to compile, then successfully complete without errors?
Test it with a python script (run from outside eric, of course).

There seems to be a mismatch of architectures amongst the installs, but you
did specify i386 correctly. Try not specifying arch options at all (i.e.
python configure.py <instead of> python configure.py --arch i386 , etc.).

Installing QScintilla should start with (from the Qt4 directory)...
qmake -spec macx-g++ qscintilla.pro
 not
qmake -spec macx-g++

Also,  remember to install the Python bindings for QScintilla, as per eric¹s
install README and QScintilla¹s docs.

Sorry, I don¹t have a Snow Leopard Mac currently available to test.

--
Larry