[Eric] text.usetex

Serge Montagnac obs.psr at wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 8 10:55:01 GMT 2010

Hi Detlev,

The debugged program raised the exception unhandled error
"(9, 'Bad file descriptor')"
File: /usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py, Line: 1126

I confirm that this behavior is very inconvenient and was not present
in previous releases 6 months ago ... eric-4.3.7 is the last working
normally.
... so inconvenient that I had to move to Wing IDE as I am
unable to run any application with an os fork without a crash of the
application itself or a crash of eric.

Serge.

On 02/07/2010 10:03 PM, David Arnold wrote:
> Detlev,
>
> OK. I tried selecting the parent process and that gave another popup with this error:
>
> The debugged program raised the exception unhandled error
> "(9, 'Bad file descriptor')"
> File: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/6.0.0/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py, Line: 1126
>
> Break here?
>
> When I select the child process, nothing happens, not matplotlib figure window is available.
>
> When I run it from the command line in a terminal window, it works fine.
>
> Here is my code again:
>
> import matplotlib as mpl
> import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
> mpl.rcParams['text.usetex']=True
> import numpy as np
>
> x=np.arange(0, 5, 0.01)
> y=[np.sin(2*np.pi*xx)*np.exp(-xx) for xx in x]
>
> plt.plot(x, y)
>
> plt.show()
>
> On Feb 7, 2010, at 2:31 AM, detlev wrote:
>

>> On Samstag, 6. Februar 2010, David Arnold wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm trying this:
>>>
>>> import matplotlib as mpl
>>> import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
>>> mpl.rcParams['text.usetex']=True
>>> import numpy as np
>>>
>>> x=np.arange(0, 5, 0.01)
>>> y=[np.sin(2*np.pi*xx)*np.exp(-xx) for xx in x]
>>>
>>> plt.plot(x, y)
>>>
>>> plt.show()
>>>
>>> Running in Eric4 a popup asks me to select a fork branch to follow. I don't
>>> understand this.
>>>
>> That just means, that eric detectedan os.fork() call and asks you, which path
>> to follow. Just select parent or child.
>>

>>> However, running the file from the terminal works just fine.
>>>
>>> D.
>>>

>> Regards,
>> Detlev
>> --
>> Detlev Offenbach
>> detlev at die-offenbachs.de

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing
-- Aristotle

      Serge Montagnac
   http://www.obs-psr.com
     obs-psr at orange.fr