[Eric] text.usetex

David Arnold dwarnold45 at suddenlink.net
Sun Feb 7 21:03:18 GMT 2010

Detlev,

OK. I tried selecting the parent process and that gave another popup with this error:

The debugged program raised the exception unhandled error
"(9, 'Bad file descriptor')"
File: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/6.0.0/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py, Line: 1126

Break here?

When I select the child process, nothing happens, not matplotlib figure window is available.

When I run it from the command line in a terminal window, it works fine.

Here is my code again:

import matplotlib as mpl
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
mpl.rcParams['text.usetex']=True
import numpy as np

x=np.arange(0, 5, 0.01)
y=[np.sin(2*np.pi*xx)*np.exp(-xx) for xx in x]

plt.plot(x, y)

plt.show()