[Eric] eric with virtualenv

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Sep 9 17:53:48 BST 2009

On Mittwoch, 9. September 2009, Paolo Corti wrote:
> Hi
> I see that this is a very interesting project.
> I like the svn integration, the possibility to debug python and the
> django plugin.
> I am wandering if there is the possibility to configure eric to work
> with virtualenv.
> If it is possible, how can i configure it?
> thanks a lot

Actually I am using it that way.

Step 1: Create your virtual environment.
Step 2: Install sip, PyQt4 and QScintilla2 in your virtual environment
Step 3: Install eric4 in your virtual environment

Just run eric4, which is a shell wrapper script created during installation.

Depending on the way you create the virtual environment, you may skip step 2.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de