[Eric] OS X keyboard shortcuts (emacs?)

Rich E rich.eakin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 22:45:22 GMT 2009

Hi,

I just got eric4 up and running in OS X 10.6 and I like it, will probably
start using it for a few python projects that I used to develop in a
Debian-based system.  I used emacs in that setup, but I find the mac
implementation of emacs awkward.  I am used to the hotkeys though, so I'd
like to be able to at least navigate source code using the same buttons.

The main problem with this is that none of the hotkeys using 'Ctrl' work -
such as Ctrl-Left for moving one word left, etc.  I am completely used to
navigated to the beginning of the current line with Ctrl-a and end with
Ctrl-e.  Does anyone know how to get this functionality in eric4?

Also, is there any way to just 'import' the emacs shortcuts via the Settings
menu option?  I saw a year old discussion about this, but it didn't lead me
anywhere.

All in all, I look forward to using this tool for my projects, and thanks to
all for their work.

Rich