QScintilla for PyQt6

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Sep 30 16:44:22 BST 2020

Am 29.09.20 um 19:44 schrieb Phil Thompson:
> On 29/09/2020 18:13, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
>> Hi Phil,
>>
>> now that PyQt6 is visible at the horizon the question arises, if you
>> intend to port QScintilla to Qt6 and PyQt6. I would like to know in
>> order to plan the migration of eric-ide.
>
> Yes, I expect it to be trivial. However I haven't decided on the
> packaging as it needs to be able to be installed in the same Python
> environment as PyQt5. PyQScintilla6?
That name seems reasonable. I suggest to decide a common naming scheme
for all the PyQt6 add-ons (like PyQtChart6, PyQtWebEngine6,...). Maybe
'PyQtScintilla6' could be a name for the Python Bindings and QScintilla
for the C++ Qt port of the Scintilla library. However, that is up to you
to decide.

> Phil
Detlev

--