[QScintilla] QScintilla feature request

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Sat Nov 3 12:33:46 GMT 2018

On 1 Nov 2018, at 6:03 pm, Detlev Offenbach <detlev at die-offenbachs.de> wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> would it be possible to support the SCFIND_CXX11REGEX option of the QScintilla
> search and replace functionality. This would allow to get a more common
> regular expression handling when searching.

It would seem a good opportunity to review the findFirst() and findFirstInSelection() methods.

Just adding another bool argument is the simplest but not very elegant.

I assume some of the bool arguments are mutually incompatible and so can be replaced with an enum. (You would never specify POSIX and Cxx11 regexps at the same time???)

Alternatively it may be cleaner to add specific methods (eg. findFirstPosix() and findFirstCxx11()).

Comments?