[QScintilla] Bug report: NVDA reading incorrect lines

Tim Regan dumbledad at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 16:57:22 BST 2018

Hi All,

I was looking at this bug in the beginners code editor "mu"
https://github.com/mu-editor/mu/issues/523

It looks like it is a bug with QScintilla, not mu, because the same problem
exhibits itself if I build a simple QScintilla based text editor using the
brief Python code listing by Matic Kukovec from
https://github.com/matkuki/qscintilla_docs

    import PyQt5.QtGui
    import PyQt5.Qsci
    import sys

    application = PyQt5.QtWidgets.QApplication(sys.argv)
    editor = PyQt5.Qsci.QsciScintilla()
    editor.show()
    application.exec_()

In the resulting editor if I type 1, 2, 3, 4, and then 5 on separate lines
NVDA correctly reads the numbers out. But if I then use the arrow key to
navigate between lines the NVDA gets them wrong. For example what should be
read out as 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 is instead read as Blank, Blank, 4 5, 3, 1 2. I've
a screen capture video so you can see and hear what I mean:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/da00kqlgiwvbson/2018-07-23_18-10-26.mp4

Is this mailing list the correct place to report this bug?

Cheers,

Tim.