[QScintilla] python: SCN_MODIFIED signature changed?

VA dev+pyqt at indigo.re
Sun Jul 22 21:08:05 BST 2018

Hi,

Since a recent release, I can't connect anymore to
QsciScintilla.SCN_MODIFIED, the error is:

QObject::connect: Incompatible sender/receiver arguments
         QsciScintilla::SCN_MODIFIED(int,int,const
char*,int,int,int,int,int,int,int) -->
My::slot(int,int,char*,int,int,int,int,int,int,int)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/tmp/basic_qsci.py", line 20, in <module>
     ed.SCN_MODIFIED.connect(m.slot)
TypeError: connect() failed between SCN_MODIFIED(int,int,const
char*,int,int,int,int,int,int,int) and slot()

But my @pyqtSlot matches it:

class My(QObject):
	@pyqtSlot(int,int,'const char*',int,int,int,int,int,int,int)
	def slot(self, i1, i2, c, i3, i4, i5, i6, i7, i8, i9):
		print(args, kwargs)

It seems the "const" is lost by @pyqtSlot and so the connection fails.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a regression?